AdWords Income

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Google Cash Review

Although I have a few banners on my web site for Google Cash by Chris Carpenter, I have to confess I hadn't read it.

So last night, surfing my own site - AdWords Income - I decided I'd check this ebook out for myself and hopefully learn a useful tip or two along the way.  I purchased it and I've read the material in a little over 2 hours taking time to visit various links, etc.

Google Cash presents the step-by-step how-to for using Google AdWords to generate income with affiliate programs.  What that means is that you can earn a healthy living by selling other people's products.  And "all" you have to do is write simple little ads that sell the product.  Well, it's not simple, but it sure is doable.

For example, I can purchase advertising through Google AdWords for the keyword "stress management".  In my advertising I promote an "affiliate product" that is a stress management program.  An affiliate product, in case you don't know, is a product someone else produces but whenever someone I refer buys it I get a percentage of the sale price.

So if I tell my friend Sally to buy a pair of Birkenstocks from my other friend Pete, and she does, then I get a percentage of the sale. 

Back to Google Cash . . .

Chris has obviously been successful using Google AdWords as he provides some solid examples of how he's made some excellent profits using the system.  I was surprised by some of the information he shares about the actual campaigns he runs.

I consider myself pretty solid in using Google AdWords to make money, so my crititique of his book is written with that bias.  And, I'm also going to do my best to consider the various skill levels my readers may have.

The bottom line with any Internet marketing product is "Could someone read this, go out and start making money?"

To that question I have a "yes" and a "no" answer.

Yes, if you already have some basic Internet marketing understanding.  I think this book could include more detailed "how to" information.  And I found it left out some key details I consider important.  High points were covered, but I'm not sure a "newbie" would follow.

Which leads me to the "no".  Not that there isn't some very good information to point the "newbie" in the right direction.  It's more that, in my experience, we experienced marketers tend to take some fundamental basics for granted.  And if I were to put this book into the hands of a complete novice, I am not confident the content would be helpful.

Also Google Cash sometimes loses focus.  For example, and this could be an unadvertised benefit viewed in alternate light, Chris goes into discussing how to make money using Ebay and how to use classified ads in newspapers.  These inclusions seemed out of place and like afterthoughts.

Critiques aside, here's the good stuff . . .

I know from personal experience that what Chris is sharing works.  If you fall into the "I'm beyond newbie, but not quite saavy with Google AdWords already" category, this ebook will point you in the right direction to making money.  There is good, solid advice here.

The bonus package appears to be quite good (I haven't reviewed it yet), but it includes information from Perry Marshall, a useful spreadsheet for tracking, links to a lot of bonus tools and more.  And perhaps those bonuses would fill in some of the blanks the ebook doesn't.

And, the final plus of this book is that although there are many people out there doing what Chris is teaching, I'm not aware of another ebook that shares this system or approach to earning income using pay per click.

The long story short, I don't believe this is the definitive book to earning cash with Google AdWords, but I do believe it's the best available.

Is it worth the price of admission?  Yes.  I think it is.  (EDIT:  After reviewing the bonus items, it is definitely worth the price of admission).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home