AdWords Income

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Google Adwords 123

Last night I was reading a post at Ozemedia from a chap named Greg Heslin. I liked what he had to say and noticed a link for Google Adwords 123 - the second time that title hit my radar in as many days. I clicked the link to check out his site when I recalled . . .

Greg Heslin sent me his ebook, Google Adwords 123, about six-weeks ago to review! That's right about the same time that we welcomed Callie Mae into the world. It seems the lack of sleep has eroded my memory - or so my wife keeps telling me, she says. I really don't recall.

Anyway, it was near my bedtime when I started reading Greg's book and I read and I read until I was bleary eyed.

I realized with shocking dismay that I've been living in an Adwords box. Here's a guy - Greg - who didn't know a thing about Internet marketing 9 months before he wrote his book (though he did know marketing), and he's making $600 per day and more with Adwords.

And in case you're wondering, because I often do with such claims, that IS NET profit (pun not intended).

The Box I Live In . . .

Most of us clever PPC people fall into this trap of looking for keywords. OK. I'll just make this about me. I look for good, targeted keywords. That's what all the books say to do, right?

The problem with that is the most targeted keywords are also, most usually, the most competitive. And while I still say, "Give me the dead-on bulls-eye phrases", I've been missing something that's just plain Marketing 101 stuff.

It's all about markets

People in the market for a product use certain keywords to find what they are looking for. But I realize that only focusing on these people is a little like having a store on the outskirts of town. The only people who are going to show up are those who know about you.

Which means there are probably 100's or 1000's of people who have the problems your chosen product can solve, who simply don't know that what you have to offer even exists!

In the real world, what does a business do? The transmission company puts billboard up alongside a highway. The stereo dealer puts an ad on the radio. The real estate agent puts up a sign in the front yard of the house for sale.

And, my friend, you and I should be putting up ads where our markets are. In fact, this is something I'm going to play with and it's the first time that I see some clearcut benefits to using content advertising. Wouldn't a great place to advertise stereo equipment be on a site promoting music?

I hope this gets your idea juices flowing. And I hope you'll take a look at Greg's book. I think he's offering some fresh, useful information - presented in an easy to follow, step-by-step format. I think that's what makes this book unique and of particular value - Greg doesn't just offer theories; he does what many of us need by taking us step-by-step and showing EXACTLY how he builds a profit producing campaign.

I'm going to his system to the test and I'll let you know how I fare.

Best wishes, John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home