AdWords Income

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

It's Your Business

Wow. It's November.

I had a baby, you know. Callie Mae Barker clocked in on October 4th. Time's a blur since.

I just dug into a minor debate. Clickbank shows affiliates the name and email address of customers they've referred to a merchant. This means you, as the affiliate, can email the customer.

Now some people feel the customer belongs to the merchant. Even though you or I spent the money to get the customer to the merchant.

The debate went on with the consensus opinion that it's wrong for me - or you - to email that customer.

I have a different perspective. And, it's a part of what I attribute to being the difference between a successful affiliate marketer and an unsuccessful affiliate marketer.

Some people like affiliate marketing for the option that all they have to do is refer a customer, collect a commission, cash the check. That's great. But, I think you're leaving money on the table if you do - and on someone elses table, no less.

You see, I would email that customer. I do email those customers.

I'm not trying to sell them anything else - except on the idea that I care about them and I want to develop a relationship and I hope they might look to me for more advice on the subject in the future.

All you do is drop them a note and say . . .

Hi Tara,

Thank you for your order. I love this product myself and I hope you will too. If you run into any challenges, just let me know. I'll help you get them resolved.

Best wishes, John

PS - I have a free report (or special bonus, etc) that will help you get the most from your purchase. You can access it at www.get-it-here.com


At the site, they must give you a name and email address (join your list) to receive the freebie. Proceed as normal from there.

John Reese wrote, "There are money-makers and there are businesses. You want to have a business." Or something like that off the top of my head.

Money-maker affiliates send prospects on their way, never to be seen again. That's a sure route to long-term failure and instability, in my opinion. That's making $1, when you could be making $5 or $10 or more over the long-haul.

Affiliates "in business" treat their prospects as customers. They take care of them, follow-up, etc. They get that the business they're in is pointing people in the right direction and ensuring they get to their destination safely.

With some simple follow-up, you could automatically quadruple your sales rates. You know that person buys products online and you know what they're interested in.

Why should you assume all the risk, while accepting the minimal rewards by turning that customer over to the merchant completely?

You shouldn't. But that's my opinion.

Best wishes, John



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home