AdWords Income

Friday, November 19, 2004

Lots of Clicks - No Sales

Question:

I've been doing adwords for about a month now and have gone through about 25 campains. I have three now that generate decent click throughs but only one sale.

What am I doing wrong and what can I do to make things better?
any help is appreciated.

How do you go about finding the ever elusive niches?

Answer:

My personal approach would be to keep those campaigns narrowed way back - that's a lot to manage.

I've also found that I know a particular niche extremely well - it's my interest area, so I'm on top of the latest happenings. As a result, I'm promoting products long before the "average" affilate hears about it. That means less competition.

So, if you're into "fly fishing" for example, I'd subscribe to everything I could about the topic and see what's being promoted. Then begin researching those products. Personally, I've had very little success promoting products found in the mainstream and this approach I'm sharing has worked quite well - even in competitive markets.

From there, I'm bidding on terms as specific as possible. I'd rather have a bunch of bulls-eyes that yield optimal ROI than thousands of keywords that generate a lot of marginally targeted traffic - unless you're really good at converting it.

I'm sure others have differing experiences and opinions, but this is what works for me.

Best wishes, John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home