AdWords Income

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Is Dell Stealing Your Traffic?

I'm part of potentially big breaking news - really.

I bought a new Dell laptop last Fall and discovered something that disturbs me - and it should disturb you too.

When I type in a URL, sans the www, often I get a Dell search page packed full of Sponsored ads. The URL is correct, but it seems Dell has tweaked something in the browser that would normally seek out the correct URL - www included - or not.

Bottom line: Dell has got to be making millions on Adsense and advertisers are footing the bill. That's OK with me in some situations - but who wants to pay Dell for traffic that would have arrived on its own without paying for a click?

At best, it's a sneaky trick. At worst, yes, I think it's theft because software has been altered to cause this.

Since the whole story is already written elsewhere, get the full scoop at Gadgetizer.

1 Comments:

  • [color=#69c]Bonjour,
    I know that the fast way to destroy an long-time friendship is to say them that you're in love with them. The last thing that I desired was to destry the relationshipthat I had with him. Ok, I often wonder if I'll never meet someone who does me feel the sensations I felt when I was with them and have them feel exactly the same way about me, evne when he talk something about [/color][url=http://www.justontime.info/sitemap1.html]keyword optimization[/url][color=#69c]. What if you are with a men that you trust is the one to put the ring on. That just scared me for the rest of the time I was there so I had to put that in this diary so somebody could feel the same sensations that I tried when I found out, that person is fine though. And I did do that for you and though of you while doing so. It was meaning that if you have worries forgiving someone for a bad stuff they did to you, then you need to thinkof something similar that you have done to someone else, and see why they did what they did, or at least try. What a mess.
    Julia[/color]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home