AdWords Income

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Espresso Machines

I love coffee. I love espresso. I love making money.

It's a natural fit.

Yes, I know. You read my gibberish to learn how to make money using
Adwords - or pay per click advertising.

This is pretty cool and I think you'll want to follow along.

I dabble in all kinds of "Internet Marketing Experiments". My Adwords endeavors only make up about half of my total income. If I were smart,
pay per click is probably all I'd do but I really love marketing and playing
with the toys.

Adsense Income

It took me a while to receive the clue. I just didn't see the point in putting other people's advertising on my site so I could send my visitors elsewhere for nickels and dimes.

Well, John Barker, you're in the wrong niche (for that reason anyway - it's actually a great niche in other ways, such as minimal competition). I finally learned that some of the niches out there pay extremely well for clicks on those ads. Google doesnt' reveal this data, but I've found some niches with the right balance that pay better than $2.00 per click to ME.

So guess what? I've begun building sites where I send .05 clicks to pages which highlight Adsense ads that pay me anywhere from .75 to $2.50 PER CLICK - by my estimates.

So you do the math . . .

I'm actually paying .07 per click, which keeps me off the bottom of the pile - I was happy to do so when I saw how well this could do.

The click rate on my ads has averaged 12.6%. So for every $4.20 that I've spent this month, I'm making $25.00 in return!

Not bad.

I'm not a commodity trader, but I know that at any given point in time some people are bullish and some are bearish. You can minimize your risk - you can hedge your bets with options.

I see this strategy similarly. A lot of people complain "this niche is too expensive for me to bid on". So don't bid on it. Take the counter approach. Drive cheap traffic and take advantage of those high bids. It's OK - it's to everyone's advantage.

So. Espresso Machines.

There are a lot of hot niche products on the market. Espresso Machines is one of those. Bid prices on Overture run up to $4.50 per click - so I can guess that's going to put the Adsense pay rate around $2.00 to me. It's a niche I'm excited about.

Now, I know. I'm revealing details about my business. And I know that at least a person or two has a light bulb going on right now with a little voice screaming "Build an espresso machine site! Build an espresso machine site!"

If you do, fine. Competition is something I love. Let's have fun with it. And if you want to help push up those PPC prices, well, I'm not going to complain. And, you still have to do the work!

( BTW, the numbers I quoted above are NOT for this new espresso site. I just posted the site yesterday and I haven't started sending any traffic there yet. )

Besides that, I have other motivations here that I will not reveal. At least not right now.

So, my Adwords friend. Here's a strategy most people don't talk about. I hope you can use it to profit.

Best wishes, John

PS - I just joined a new pay per click service this week - Enhance. I've heard good about good results from others who use them. Bids on clicks start at .03 and the competition is very THIN. The system seems very similar to Overture. You might want to take a look - I'll let you know how it goes for me.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home