AdWords Income

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Adwords or Search Engine Optimization?

The Question:

99% of my traffic comes from search google adwords. I know I should optimize my website, but PPC is working fine for me so far (it is also my biggest expense).

What I was wondering is:Have any of you used PPC to run a successful website for a substantial amount of time (6 months or more). Or is search engene optimization a must if you want to be successful online?

The Answer:

I suspect what I'm going to share will become a trend.

On a page offering a searcher ten to eighteen options, why be satisfied with one ad? Why stop at one ad and one search listing?

My experience is that a good niche - or a profitable product - are the hardest part of the equation. When I find those, I want to flood the search results.

I have a local client (this is easier to do since there'sless competition), but on a search for his service 5 ofthe 13 options on that page are going to lead to him. That's a combination of SEO and PPC (one PPC ad). He says that 75% of his $180,000 per year business is coming from online - read that as searches. It's a service for vacationers who come to our little town!

Find that niche and dominate it. :-)

Here's a piece of PPC psychology I just discovered - this is related.

I noticed that when I enter the bidding wars for a new product I'm promoting, there's something I don't know that the top bidders must. That at what they're bidding, they'reprofitable.

Watch.

If they stay at the top for a while,they must be profitable. How profitable? Probably FARmore so than us newbies in the niche realize. Most people start promoting a product with .05 clicks. You'll never make any money that way. I've proven that to myself.

How do I KNOW this? Because I know I have a few hot moneymakers. And if my competition knew how much I make from them, then they'd be **st - edited** less than astute to not vie for a bigger piece of that pie. Why don't they? Because I make it a point to dominate. I'll bid up the price to unprofitable, for a time, if necessary. They'll go away. I used to panic at these threats (see past posts), yet my sales are stronger than ever. Now, if they didn't cry "Uncle", then I'd have a problem. But, they do.

Nobody talks about a killer instinct online. It's important to success, online or off. When you allow your competition to gain a foothold, to gain some confidence, to be profitable, they become stronger. Don't allow it.

With some SEO, you could double, triple, quadruple your profits. Don't stop at the one success; push on.

Best wishes, John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home