AdWords Income

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

How to Sell More Product With this Ecourse Twist

I was going to post this on a forum, but you know - why should I be giving away my best ideas to the world?

You come here. You read my stuff, good or bad. The best stuff should be for you and you alone.

Right?

So someone asked a question, "Do ecourses still work?" The question is asked in the context of "I have an ebook to promote and I'm wondering if this is a good route to go?"

I think it is - but I add my own little twist . . .

Ecourses can work very well. But, I suggest one major modification.

Sales occur on websites. Not in emails.

I have come to think that delivering ecourses by email is a big mistake. Give your visitor what they want - instant gratification. Don't underestimate the greedy desire for instant gratification. I worked for an author who sold a soft-cover book on Amazon for about $14 plus shipping. He sold the same book in ebook format on his site for . . . $29. You wouldn't believe how many people bought that ebook and said "Amazon" was where they found out about the book! They wanted it now and they were willing to pay double for it!

Satiate that Greedy Desire!

So as soon as people subscribe, deliver your ecourse right there and then - right on your site. The "Thank You" page is "Lesson One" They're interested in your product NOW. Don't say "Thank You. Be sure to watch for the email you have a 50% chance of never receiving."

I think it's a tremendous mistake to put off going for the sale by then saying, "OK Mr. Prospect, I'm going to dribble the information you want RIGHT NOW out for the next week or two." Follow up - YES. But give your best shot while you have your customer's full attention. Because as effective as follow-up email is, it has to compete with 100 other distractions.

It's like having a fish on the hook, then throwing it back in the water thinking -"Hey, I'll feed you some more bait when the other fishermen get here." I guess if you really want the challenge, go for it!

And beside, what a shock it must be to actually receive the information that's been promised - instead of "Thank You" page! That's the norm. That's what everyone does and so it's what everyone expects.

Shock 'em.

I've used this approach for over a year and it works great.

To your success, John

1 Comments:

  • Hi John, I spoke with you back in November and you said you were working on developing an affiliate marketing product. You mentioned it would probably be ready by February. When do you thing you'll finish it?

    Kevin Emswiler
    Google Adwords

    By Blogger Kevin, at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home