AdWords Income

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Second Encounter with Jon Bon Jovi - Sort Of

You may not know it, but when Jon Bon Jovi was in his hey-day as a rock star, I was a young fella working in the White House Situation Room.

And, that was the mix that sparked my first encounter with Jon.

He came into the Situation Room one day, while touring the White House. I just happened to be the first person he encountered.

He extended his hand and said, "Hi, I'm Jon Bon Jovi."

I thought, "No ^%$!"

I extendened my hand and said, "Hi, I'm John Barker."

We shook hands and went our seperate ways. He seemed like a really cool, down to earth guy.

Yesterday, I'm contacted by Jon Bon Jovi's management team.

"You must "cease and decist" using our client's name in association with your product.", says someone sounding somewhat official.

OK.

I put my first press release on PRWEB and it hadn't been "out" for three hours. My mild concern over "legal action" was overwhelmed by my excitement that press releases really work! I mean, I didn't just get my article on a few web sites nobody visits - I get contacted by the management team of the biggest rock-star of the 80's.

So, I did edit my press release to remove Jon's name. He does use the product I'm promoting and his name is prominently on the merchant's web site. It has been for months. But, hey. I'm not going to mess with Jon. While I'm not a big fan of his music - it's good, sure. I am a fan of the person. (I was an Ozzy fan then, so Bon Jovi was a little tame and "poppy" for me)

Later in the day I also happened to be on a website using RSS feeds - and again, there was my little press release prominently displayed. It seemed an unlikely place. Very, very cool.

So, if you've wondered if PR Web works, it surely seems it does. Time will tell if the $30 contribution I forked over for some additional exposure pays off. But so far, I'm thinking "Gee, I should have tried this a long time ago."

You might think about it too. http://www.prweb.com

Best wishes, John

2 Comments:

  • Hi John R. Barker,

    Why would I want to give 100 people like you, F*ree access to my $97 value life changing product? Because I am launching my new product and need social proof of it's ability to make money, even for newbies to the internet.

    Discover how you can make money from info products before this unique time limited promotional offer is withdrawn.

    Yours in Success
    Buddy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 AM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here! You really are very talented and deserve an honest compliment, congratulations! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a making money from the internet site/blog. It successfully covers making money from the internet related stuff.

    Come and check it out when you get time, as I would be honored to help a hard-working person like you become successful in this business. Scott.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home