AdWords Income

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My Boss Said, "You're Fired" . . . and I Laughed

Hey, I love the title. It's not quite true. It was a calculated gamble and I knew what I was doing - even though I probably wouldn't do it that way again.

Yesterday, my wife and I celebrated. What was a ridiculously overdue life-long dream finally became a reality.

We became proud owners of our first home.

So, I'm hoping you're wondering what the connection is here. I'm trying to be a clever copywriter; that's my new goal.

Two years ago we had about $1200 in the bank; we had a nine-month-old baby; we had $650 per month of dependable income when the boss said to "Get out!"

Of that $650, about $300 of it came from promoting affiliate products using Overture pay-per-click advertising. I hadn't even ventured into Adwords then. Soon I did, and the rest of the story brings us up to date.

I'm torn on "bragging" about what I make or what I own. Who cares, really? I know there will always be a bigger fish waiting to swallow me whole; and I know to somebody, somewhere, I'll always be the envy of their eye.

That's true for all but 2 of us. :-)

Things can change quickly; very quickly. And while my two-year "rags to riches" Internet marketing story sounds good - I like the four-and-a-half-month "rags to riches" story even better.

That's how long ago, already, it's been since we woke up with our kitchen fully ablaze. 20-minutes after that, 90% of everything we owned was gone. What was left was permanently infused with the nauseating smell of smoke.

And no, we didn't have insurance.

Friends and family rallied around us; and, we rallied ourselves. It was beyond anything having to do with "positive thinking". It was a matter of survival, a belief in something undeniably greater than our mortal selves and "releasing".

No matter where you are today, your life can totally morph into anything you want - overnight. And the Internet can play a role in that, beyond what you might feel possible in this moment.

Keep searching - keep dreaming big dreams - keep believing you can.

You can.

Best wishes, John

1 Comments:

  • A couple of great stories mixed in with a terrible one. I think your
    writing skills are right on track!

    Congrats on the newfound sucess and sorry about the misfortune of your home burning down.

    Take care,

    JB

    By Blogger JB, at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home