AdWords Income

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Adwords Income Update

What's news?

The new Google Adwords changes that are supposed to be "the biggest Internet shockwave" since the last one, or all time, or whatever some "clever" marketer is try to coerce you into believing.

My thoughts?

I really don't see how it's going to make more than a hill of beans difference, if that.

Why?

Really, it's just cleared up some confusion about "on hold" and "in trial". Those were Google's way of saying "We don't think this ad is going to make US any money and we don't want to waste our resources with it hanging around."

Since there was already, more or less, a cutoff of the top 30 advertisers for any keyword phrase what's going to change by instituting a minimum bid? Nothing. It was already happening. Now the "net effect" is just more clear.

So, what have I been up to - that you'd be at all interested in?

1. I'm creating my own affiliate training course. I think the available information on how to be successful as an affiliate is lacking. The number one best-seller for the past 2 or 3 years on the subject is . . . not very good, in my opinion, so I've decided to create a course that's highly comprehensive and that just kicks the butt off anything available - that I've seen. It's tentatively labeled "The Affiliate Super Plan". I'm working with a small group now and they're raking me over the coals for information.

2. A year ago I heard Perry Marshall say there are just three things you need to do, and improve on, to dominate your market. I'm finally "doing it":

1. Run two ads
2. Have two opt-in forms
3. Have two sales pages

And constantly split-test them! Through split-testing you stay in a continual process of improving results.

The two big themes at this year's Internet Marketing Superconference were

A. If you aren't split testing, then you're not even in the game.
B. Write and submit articles. Write and submit articles. WRITE AND SUBMIT ARTICLES!

And that was really a summary of the whole conference. It's interesting, actually, that many of the old-school approaches to Internet marketing are coming back into vogue.

So, anyway, I bought a copy of Adtrackz for split testing. It seems easy enough to use, yet comprehensive enough to do the job. So far the results have been interesting - and somewhat surprising.

That's all for now.

Wishing you all the best - John

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home