AdWords Income

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Yahoo Search Marketing - Formerly Overture . . .

Google has done a great job, from a marketing perspective. I find it continually remarkable that so many Internet marketers talk as if Google - and Google Adwords - is the only game in town. It seems Yahoo Search Marketing (formerly Overture) is viewed as a step down from Adwords.

It is so much easier to dump a pile of keywords into Google, write an ad or two and let it roll. With Overture, you have to write an ad, submit it and wait for approval for each and every keyword.

A real pain in the arse. I agree.

But, for anyone willing to spend the time ( or how about paying someone else to spend the time ) doing the research and digging up the hundreds of neglected keyword phrases will pay off handsomely. And the real irony is that often those neglected keywords phrases are the most targeted.

I mean, can you believe that "online dating service eharmony" has only 2 bidders spending .10 per click on Overture? Talk about a RIPE search phrase.

I call this bottom feeding for search phrases. Maybe not the best term, because it's more like panning for gold. You will find that doing a little digging - going where the lazy advertiser doesn't go - will produce rich profits.

I think YSM is just as high quality as Adwords, and even though the minimum bid is a dime you will very often find traffic is cheaper for the reason I just shared.

FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS

I've been producing a series of short videos that show how I do my keyword research. You can check those out for free by clicking this link: keyword research tool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home